Here You’ll Find a Lifetime of Compassionate Care & Expert Veterinary Services for Your Pet
“Sofie thanks you for all your loving care throughout the year. She’s so glad to have a friendly place that she trusts, where she knows she’ll get the best care!” – L & M H.
What Is Included In Preventative Pet Care?
- Annual wellness exams
- Routine vaccinations
- Annual heartworm and intestinal parasite testing
- Monthly heartworm and intestinal parasite prevention
- Flea/tick prevention
We explain when we feel these vaccines ought to be administered as well as the risks/benefits of vaccination.
Wellness Pet Exams
Regular wellness exams help us partner with you on your pet’s healthcare needs by creating a baseline to which we can compare future assessments. We use this information to create individualized care plans for your pet, keeping them happy and healthy for as long as possible. At Fort Street Vet, we recommend one wellness exam per year for young and relatively healthy pets. Seniors and animals with chronic issues are advised to schedule two wellness exams per year.
A wellness pet exam may include:
- Physical Exam – Examine eyes, ears, skin, coat, and heart rate.
- Wellness Screening – Screening for internal parasites, heartworm, and internal wellness blood test.
- Vaccinations – Review age, lifestyle and recommend vaccinations to maximize disease protection.
- Dental Check – Examine teeth and gums for signs of periodontal disease.
- Breed-Specific Screenings – With your approval, we may screen for any breed-specific problems.
- Partnership – This is the time to bring up any potential concerns. We will also discuss best care practice, such as exercise, nutrition, and grooming needs.
Pet Wellness Exams In Omaha, NE
Taking care of your precious pet’s health starts with a thorough veterinary exam. To schedule an appointment for your pet, call us at 402-884-3383.