As Your Omaha Pet Clinic, We Offer Veterinary Surgery Onsite
“You and your staff continue to provide KC and Scruffy with EXCELLENT, friendly and compassionate care. We appreciate each one of you. We know our boys are in good hands each time we visit.” – D. & T. G.
Surgeris We Offer
- Spay and neuter surgeries
- Tumor and “lump” removals
- Wound repair
- General soft tissue procedures
- And more
The Fort Street Veterinarian Difference: The Level of Care Provided for Your Pet’s Safety
While other Omaha pet clinics offer similar services, what sets us apart is the level of care we provide your pet at time of surgery. Although any anesthetic procedure carries some risk, we take extra precautions for your pet’s safety.
- A physical exam by one of our doctors is required prior to scheduling any surgery. This lets us identify any problems that may increase your pet’s risk, discuss the procedure with you and answer any questions you may have.
- We perform routine pre-anesthetic blood work, prior to the administration of anesthesia, to screen for any internal organ abnormalities, which may not have been evident during the physical exam.
- Your pet’s safety under anesthesia is further assured by using state-of-the-art equipment to monitor heart rate, respiratory rate, oxygen concentration and blood pressure.
- Your pet is also closely monitored during anesthesia and recovery by one of our licensed and certified veterinary technicians (LVTs).
All surgeries also include:
- IV fluids to help support oxygen delivery to your pets vital organs while under anesthesia
- Surgical monitoring (blood pressure, oxygen, heart rate, respiratory rate, electrocardiogram)
- Heat support
- Surgical antibiotic injection
- Surgical pain management injection
Veterinary Surgery In Omaha, NE
If you are considering veterinary surgery for your pet, please contact us at 402-884-3383 to schedule a consultation with your Fort Street Veterinarian veterinarian.