There’s New Help for Dogs with Behavior Problems
Does Your Dog…
- Urinate or defecate in the house?
- Hide, try to escape or run away frequently?
- Hyper-salivate, tremble or pant excessively?
- Bark excessively or exhibit destructive behavior?
If so, your pet may be suffering from fear and anxiety, two primary causes of behavior problems in dogs.
Solliquin™ Can Help Calm Your Dog
Some behavior disorders can be difficult to treat but here at Fort Street Vet we’re offering a supplement that we think is promising. Called Solliquin, this supplement is designed to calm your dog during times of stress and change. For example when…
- Welcoming a new baby
- Adding a new pet or coping with the loss of one
- Moving to a new home
- Going through a separation or divorce
- Traveling with your pet
- Dealing with loud noises (fireworks, thunderstorms, new construction, etc.)
- Leaving your pet home alone
It’s Relaxation Without Sedation
While this supplement is not designed for dogs with severe anxiety disorders—we have other medications to address those issues–Solliquin can benefit pets with minor behavior issues such as those listed above.
“We’ve had several pet owners try Solliquin with their pets and when used in combination with behavior modification techniques, the results have been very positive,” says Dr. Busselman.
A Daily Treat That Can Change Behavior
Not a drug but an effective supplement, Solliquin comes in a soft, tasty chew for dogs up to 30 pounds, in a chewable tablet for larger dogs, and is given just once or twice a day for at least 4-6 weeks. Each chew or chewable tablet contains the following ingredients*:
- “L-theanine: An amino acid found naturally in black, green and white teas
- Phellodendron amurense: Fruit and bark extracts from the Amur cork tree
- Magnolia officinalis: An extract from the bark of the magnolia tree
- Whey protein concentrate: A milk protein extract.”
Don’t Give Up On Your Pet
Too many dogs end up in shelters and are euthanized simply because pet owners don’t know how to deal with dog behavior problems. Before you decide to give up on your pet, why not try Solliquin? Contact us today.
* Solliquin® Behavioral Health Supplement, Nutramax® Laboratories.