There’s New Help for Cats with Behavior Problems
Does Your Cat…
- Spray or eliminate outside the litterbox?
- Urinate or defecate on your clothing or belongings?
- Hide a lot?
- Groom excessively?
- Act aggressively with other pets?
If so, your kitty may be suffering from fear and anxiety, two primary causes of cat behavior problems.
Solliquin™ Can Help Calm Your Cat
Some behavior disorders can be difficult to treat, especially with cats, but here at Fort Street Vet we’re offering a supplement that we think is promising. Called Solliquin, this supplement is designed to calm your cat during times of stress and change. For example when…
- Welcoming a new baby
- Adding a new pet or coping with the loss of one
- Moving to a new home
- Going through a separation or divorce
- Traveling with your cat
- Dealing with loud noises (fireworks, thunderstorms, new construction, etc.)
- Hosting visitors
It’s Relaxation Without Sedation
While this supplement is not designed for pets with severe anxiety disorders—we have other medications to address those issues—Solliquin can benefit pets with minor behavior issues such as those listed above.
“We’ve had several pet owners try Solliquin with their pets and when used in combination with behavior modification techniques, the results have been very positive,” says Dr. Busselman.
A Daily Chew That’s Soft and Tasty
Not a drug but an effective supplement, Solliquin comes in a soft, tasty chew and is given just once or twice a day for at least 4-6 weeks. Each chew or chewable tablet contains the following ingredients*:
- “L-theanine: An amino acid found naturally in black, green and white teas
- Phellodendron amurense: Fruit and bark extracts from the Amur cork tree
- Magnolia officinalis: An extract from the bark of the magnolia tree
- Whey protein concentrate: A milk protein extract.”
Don’t Give Up On Your Pet
Too many cats end up in shelters and are euthanized simply because pet owners don’t know how to deal with cat behavior problems. Before you decide to give up on your pet, why not try Solliquin? Contact us today.
* Solliquin® Behavioral Health Supplement, Nutramax® Laboratories.