Vet Services You Won’t Find
in All Omaha Vet Clinics
“Thank you for checking on me after my surgery. You are a caring group. Mom, Dad and I are glad to have you as our team.” – Sooner Dog, The O. Family
Proudly serving pet owners in Northwest Omaha, Bennington, Elkhorn and the greater Omaha metro area–Fort Street Veterinarian offers comprehensive vet services and skilled medical care for your pet’s individual health needs. Here are just some of the services that you won’t find in all vet clinics in Omaha.
Our In-House Laboratory: For Same-Day Results
- While other vet clinics in Omaha typically use independent laboratories for most of their testing, we have licensed technicians on staff to operate our excellent, in-house lab.
- Fecal, urine, blood and skin samples often can be evaluated in our clinic so that we can give you same-day results.
- For you, this means a faster diagnose of your pet’s health.
- For your pet, it means faster treatment for any an illness.
When we believe your pet’s samples need specialized evaluation or if we’re seeking a second opinion, we have a nationwide network of outstanding laboratories and specialists upon whom we rely.
Our On-Site Pharmacy: To Save You Time & Money
Our on-site pharmacy has been created for many reasons:
- To get your pet the medicine they need ASAP.
- To save you time and eliminate stress for both you and your pet.
- To save you money…we get our meds directly from the manufacturers and we’re often cheaper than pharmacies and other vets!
- To help your pets TAKE their medicine…some of the medications we carry are specially flavored and we also offer flavored pill pockets.
- To show you how best to administer medicine to your cat or dog; we know the techniques.
Our Diagnostic Digital Radiology: For Faster, More Accurate Diagnoses
- Digital Radiology is a powerful and amazing tool providing far greater detail than traditional x-rays.
- Radiographs of chests, abdomens, legs, etc. can be taken and analyzed immediately because no film needs to be processed.
- Our in-house digital radiology unit allows us to diagnose many conditions quickly and accurately.
- When necessary, an expert radiologist can interpret a radiograph and provide a second opinion often within just a day.
Our Ultrasound: To “See” Inside Your Pet without Surgery
- Our state-of-the-art ultrasound unit allows us to obtain point-of-care, detailed information about internal organs (liver, kidneys, spleen, etc.).
- Dr. Tordrup has received advanced training in abdominal ultrasonography.
Our Pet Laser Therapy: To Ease Your Pet’s Pain & Speed Healing
We’ve seen amazing results in pets of all kinds with a wide range of illnesses and issues.
- We’re specially trained and certified in providing these FDA-approved, drug-free, pain-free, non-invasive treatments.
- Animals after surgery or with cuts and abrasions heal more quickly.
- Arthritic pets or pets with chronic pain experience relief and recover a better quality of life.
- Read more for Details and FAQs.
Pet Nutrition Expertise & Guidance: Good Pet Foods vs. Bad
Obesity is epidemic among pets as well as humans these days. That’s why we’re attentive to your pet’s weight and diet.
- If you’re confused about what—or what not—to feed your pet, we can give nutritional advice based on our extensive research and your pet’s specific dietary needs.
- In addition, we carry a variety of Royal Canin® products for your dog’s or cat’s specialized medical needs.
- Purina Veterinary Diets are also available as special orders.