Protect Your Pet from Poisoning
Are you aware of the common toxins that can poison your pet? Here are just some:
Common Foods Poisonous to Pets:
Chocolate, grapes, raisins and currants, sugar-free gum and candy, fatty table scraps, onions, garlic, Macadamia nuts, unbaked bread dough and alcohol. Read more.
Top 10 Plants Poisonous to Pets:
Autumn Crocus, Azalea,Cyclamen, Kalanchoe, Lilies, Oleander, Dieffenbachia, Daffodils, Lily of the Valley, Sago Palm, Tulips and Hyacinths. Read more.
Know the Signs of Poisoning in Dogs and Cats:
Signs of pet poisoning vary depending on the poison. Here are just some: read more.
If you think your pet has ingested poison:
- Call us immediately at 402-884-3383.
- If after hours, call the Emergency Animal Clinic in Omaha at 402-339-6232 or call the Pet Poison Helpline at 800-213-6680.
- Remove your pet from the area and if possible, get a sample of the poison to bring to us.
- Do NOT give any home antidotes such as milk, food, salt, oil, or other.
- Do NOT induce vomiting without consulting us first!
Don’t hesitate to call.
The sooner your pet is diagnosed, the better the outcome.