Arthritis can affect all breeds of cats and dogs and without treatment can seriously impact an animal’s quality of life. However, Arthritis can be managed and the earlier you spot the disease, the better.
Possible Signs of Arthritis
- Sluggishness and fatigue
- Diminished activity
- Reluctance to walk, run, climb, jump or play
- Reluctance or inability to extend rear legs
- Limping or lameness
- Flinching or reacting to touch
- Irritability or behavioral changes
- A limb or limbs that appear thinner than normal
- Repeated licking, chewing and biting of painful areas on the body
If your pet is showing any of the symptoms above, call for an appointment. There are medications and treatments that can help.