In this hectic world, when we’re bombarded daily by negative messages, it can be easy to lose track of all our “positives.” That’s why this holiday season we want to share just a few of the reasons why we’re positively thankful.
- Some studies say the average dog now lives to the age of 12 & the average indoor cat to 14.
- A pet over the age of 15 wasn’t common years ago, but now we see many.
- Why? Partly it’s due to advancements in veterinary medicine & nutrition but mostly it’s because of the love you pet owners show your furry family members.
Research shows that pets help…
- Reduce stress, anxiety & depression
- Lower blood pressure, heart rate & cholesterol
- Prevent strokes & heart attacks
- And much more.
That’s why we say, “We treat pets & people alike.”*
- Most often due to early intervention by pet owners
- Also because we’re continually finding new or better ways to help your pets survive.
- Just this year we’ve been able to offer:
- New allergy treatments & meds
- New diagnostic resources such as advanced radiology & in-house histological analysis
- Better prescription foods & supplements
- And more
- We’re very grateful for the experienced team members who’ve been with us for years and for the terrific new members who recently joined us.
- For example, the talented Dr. Christie Banks is already getting rave reviews from such pet owners as Jorge and Joanna who tell how Dr. Banks saved their puppy, Luna. >
- Dr. Tordrup gave birth to a healthy baby boy this past month. Mom, son, dad and big sis are ALL doing well.
- We’re delighted to welcome the newest little Tordrup to the Fort Street Vet family; he’s an extra special holiday gift!